|Thailand Banking Risk Dialogue 2013 Agenda
November 5, 2013
||Registration & Lunch
Opening Remarks and contributions from:
Bertrand Pigeon, Senior Research Analyst, The Asian Banker, will present research on the most risky banks in Asia, the risk profiles of Thailand banks, explain the The Asian Banker 500 Strongest Bank’s key findings.
Senior Thai Regulator (Invited)
Chief Economist from a large international institution
Vishal Kapoor, Director, Regional Practice Lead, Moody’s Analytics Asia Pacific will share the results of a survey that describes Asia bank’s perspectives on risk appetite statements, the link between liquidity risk and profitability, and capital management within ASEAN.
Proposed Dialogue Agenda:
- Key global trends affecting Thailand; China, US, Europe.
- US economy could generate short term and long term capital outflow
- Thailand in the global economy; currency volatility, key industries.
- Regulatory trends affecting the Thai banking industry; capital constraints.
- High capital adequacy ratio to weather default on doubtful debts
- Thai banks exposure to Thai government’s rice-pledging scheme
- Credit deterioration and counterparty risk; most stable customers
- Credit risk modeling: Current practices and applications.
- Portfolio optimization; portfolio balance, liquidity, capital and profitability
- Profitability; costs while improving liquidity positions.
- Liquidity management; systems and culture.
Chairman: Bertrand Pigeon, Senior Research Analyst, The Asian Banker
Co-Chairman: Rona Morgan, Former Head of Risk Strategy, HSBC
Lunch will be served in the course of the Roundtable.
Chairman’s closing remarks
Mark this date:
The Asian Banker App is now
available for your smartphone